The mural Grow in Freedom was created by the artists Teresa Sdralevich (Belgium), Mishel and Nicol Feldman (Ukraine) as part of the PARCOURS Street Art and “THE WALL: Murals Across Europe” project implemented by Port.agency and initiated by the Ukrainian Institute in collaboration with the CHU Saint-Pierre.
The mural Grow in Freedom puts in dialogue images and symbols linked to Belgium and Ukraine:
– the font used in the mural is Abetka, designed by Heorhiy Narbut, a prominent Ukrainian illustrator and designer;
– The two characters in the mural are linked to the Ukrainian tradition and are in the colors of the flag;
– the eye symbolizes the visual vocabulary that allows to overcome the differences of language and cultural origin to enter in dialogue;
– the clouds refer to the Belgian artist René Magritte;
– The poppy and the iris, which symbolize the two countries, are a tribute to the work of aid and cooperation of the CHU Saint-Pierre with the Ukrainian authorities.